Monday, October 22, 2012

Sugar Cookies

Last week for our FHE treat we had sugar cookies. We started and mixed them together before dinner and before dad got home. The kids each love taking turns dumping ingredients into the bowl. We mixed it together and I left to go use the bathroom. I had gotten them both down but Easton managed to get back up and found a spoon and he was eating spoonfuls of the cookie dough! He was so mad at we when I took him down. After dinner we had our lesson and family prayer. After we were done we rolled out the dough and they each picked a couple cookie cutters and helped me cut them out. Ella loved the mini star one and Easton loved the mini bat. After they baked we let them cool and then frosted them and decorated them. They loved them! It was a fun activity and the kids didn't go to sleep until almost 10:30 that night from all the sugar!

 All our Halloween shapes!




 By the end Easton had smeared frosting all over the table and his chair and his hair!


No comments: