Last weekend I hosted a Favorite Things party! I had a couple friends that had done similar parties. I had an idea for something a little bit different but ended up doing something else and taking most of my ideas from my friends! I love that I could do it here before we left so that I can do it again in Utah someday as well! Thanks to my friends for letting me steal ideas off your blogs :). Our Mothers group had decided that we wanted to start a Girls Night out every month with different people hosting or planning. I was assigned October! I decided to invite everyone weather they were moms or not because I felt that every one should be included even if they don't have kids yet. The idea was basically to bring 3 $5 gifts and we draw names to exchange them. We all brought a favorite treat to share and snacked while we waited for everyone to arrive. We sat around and talked for a while and then we all went around in a circle and told what our favorite things were. Everyone was so creative and there were so many fun things. In my favorite things gifts I did a few things that added up to $5. Each one of mine had a Bath and Body works hand soap, nail polish, and microwave popcorn, and thanks to all the great deals I got I spent exactly $5 per gift! In our exchange I received 3 pairs of earrings, another pair of earrings with a target reusable bag, and a aromatherapy face mask with bath salts. It was a lot of fun to see what people brought! It was such a fun night and I am grateful for the friends I have made while living here, I will miss it here a lot but it is nice to know we can all keep in touch (some already live far away and we do our best to keep in contact), we are already planning a girls getaway weekend someday right?!? Thanks to everyone who came!
I totally forgot to take out my camera until close to the end but got a couple shots of everyone who came. We had a couple last minute cancels due to sickness but still had a great time.
LtoR: Marci, Kate, Kami, Lauren, Amy, and BreeAnn
Luna, Thia, Aliesha, and Diedre

2 comments:
I love it! Wish I could have come :) I want to have another one here. It is fun to see what everyone brings. I like that you didn't have a category just whatever.
Dude...your house looks huge! You need to do a blog picture tour of it.
Post a Comment