Sunday, September 20, 2015

Girls Camp Day 4 and 5

Thursday we got up bright and around 6 (that's why they got to sleep in the day before:)). We drove a couple miles back down the canyon to the Timpanogos Caves. We had been searching for a Hike to do and saw this a few weeks before camp. We ran it by the Bishop since it is $8 a person and he loved the idea as long as we did it one of the days we was there. It was no easy hike, it is straight up hill but it was fun to do. You get to the top and you get to tour the caves which are amazing! Hearing all the history of how they came about and everything is so amazing. It is crazy how someone found them so long ago! We went back down and the girls were begging for shakes. We decided against it and went back to eat lunch. After lunch we headed up the road a little way to Tibble Fork to do the canoes. We didn't get to long on the lake because the missionaries thought one of our girls had purposly tipped their canoe, which they hadn't, some young men's group was there and they kept doing it! So we only got about 35 minutes instead of an hour! They were still fun! We let the girls relax the rest of the afternoon since we had finished certification. We had dinner and then a guest speaker. Kelly had her cousin come and speak to the girls, her name was Brittany. Brittany was on a date a few years ago repeling down in St. George and her rope didn't work and she fell and is paralyzed. She has a lot more mobility then she used to. She can walk with crutches which is amazing after hearing her story! She really brought the Spirit and set the tone for the night for our testimony meeting! We had some dessert and then started our testimony meeting. It was such a awesome night! These girls are all so wonderful and really brought the Spirit to camp! We didn't have any problems all week with fights and everyone became closer. It was the perfect mix of fun and spiritual! 
Friday morning we woke up to rain and so we had to pack up camp in the rain and so the tents were all a muddy mess and every body's stuff was wet! It was lovely! We made it home by 10:30 and then unloaded the scout trailer and got stuff where it needed to go and I was home by 11:30! 
I can't say enough how amazing that week was! The girls had asked to have a more spiritual camp and I really was looking to improve upon myself in areas and as well for the girls. It was so good and I have gotten such positive feedback which is always good after spending the entire summer stressed about it! Sadly they already released me from camp and made me Mia maid advisor! I was sad to be done with camp I really wanted to do it next year but at least I can still go!

Hiking up to the caves!


You can see out into the Valley once you get high enough!

I hiked with this group and we made it up first which worked out since we all couldn't go on the tour at once!


Inside the caves! Seriously like nothing I've ever seen before!
We told the girls capris or pants only for the week, some listen better than others ;) She only brought shorts, we were pretty frustrated!



This picture won't turn! We were getting ready to canoe!
I didn't trust these girls to not tip me over so I left my camera and phone back at the beach, so these two pics are all I got!

Getting ready for testimony meeting!  
Never a dull moment with beehives!
More out of order.....oh well!


Brittany the guest speaker!




Eva the Diva ;) This is the Park ward bra! She stuffed it with all our underwear we bought for the skits and waited outside the bathroom for her dad to come out, he's our bishop! It was hilarious! 

1 comment:

Lant Family said...

What a neat opportunity to be able to go to girls camp. Sounds like you all had a fun time, I have wonderful memories of going to camp as a YW!