Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pioneer Day

This year we were in Utah for Pioneer day. It is funny how everywhere else it is just another day but in Utah it is a holiday! We were able to get up super early and head to the parade. I knew the kids were going to enjoy it! Sadly Andrew had to work, the VA hospital is obviously not a Utah thing so he didn't get it off but he did get off early so that was a good treat!
I look super tired! I think I was!

Ella got so excited she turned to tell Olivia that Jasmine was coming down the road. We spent half the morning telling her this wasn't a princess parade like at Disneyland and then one goes down the street, I am a big liar now!

We all loved this float!

And then I felt like I was back home in the South when a larger than life Jesus went rolling down the road! I seriously thought that this type of weirdness only happened in Memphis!

Easton loved stealing Will's hat from off his head!

An "UP" Float!

Later that afternoon after naps and after my little brother was set apart as a missionary we enjoyed a nice BBQ at my aunt and uncles house! Ella suddenly gained a liking of swings and they both insisted on swinging half the night!
Easton and Spencers last photo together before he left! He had to say goodbye to the kids before we left since they weren't coming to the MTC with us! I can tell Easton and Ella miss Spencer they ask where he went a lot! It is weird to think they will be almost 4 and 5 by the time he gets back!

No comments: