Sunday, August 19, 2012

MTC

On Wednesday July 25th we sent Spencer off to the MTC. Andrew's mom was so nice and watched the kids for me while I went with them. It was nice to go alone :). When I got there I was put on picture duty and my mom wanted some of him leaving.

Walking out of the house!
 One last picture with his beloved red van! He loved it! He especially loved the gold rims!
 Poor Katy had to go to work and couldn't go with the rest of us so she had to say goodbye before we left!
 We went and took some pictures in front of the Provo temple, and everyone else had the same idea! Spencer requested me to take some of him and then told me to change his facebook picture for him and so that is what this picture is for!
 Sometimes people wonder where he came from since we are all the same height and then we have Giant Spencer!


 He was worried all the pictures nonsense was making him late!

 Getting his bags out....
 My parents both got out and the rest of us stayed in the car where I hung out the window and took pictures!
One last hug from my mom....
 .....and Dad!

 I think this caption should be "thanks mom for the lipstick all over my face!"
 Walking away.....
 See you in two years!


It was great being able to go drop him off! It is interesting how they do it these days. When we dropped off my older brother over 14 years ago we got to go in and do the whole devotional thing and now you pull up they get out and your done! Less tears this way I think! It is amazing how organized it was and how many missionaries go out each week! We have gotten emails and letters each week from him and he is doing great! He is learning Spanish and it is coming along! He told us he loves to eat, the chocolate milk, and the grape drank(his words exactly). He saw my mom's aunt who works at the MTC last week which was fun! He is such a great example to us!


No comments: