Sunday, August 19, 2012

New Car

Getting a new car isn't as fun as it should be! It turned into a almost two week project. We researched online every night and spent each evening test driving and looking at cars. It was a very frustrating experience. I just was annoyed because I didn't really want to be doing it and wanted my Accord back! We had 4 cars sold out from under us while we were deciding and waiting for our financing and money from insurance. We had our vacation coming up and still no car. We had decided though that we could wait until we got home if we couldn't find anything. We had one picked out and had it checked by our mechanic only to find out someone had a deposit on it but they had three days to buy it and if they didn't it was ours. Well they put us through the ringer and after a week they said that they were coming to buy it the next day. We told them to let us know either way because we were really interested in it. Well in the meantime we decided to pursue other options. (They never did call us, apparently they didn't want our business either way!). That night we went home and found four places with what we were looking for. The next day was the 4th of July so we knew they would have deals and it was a good day since Andrew had it off! We went to a couple places and ended up at this dealer. Andrew went and test drove it and came back and said he really liked it. Well we had one more place to go which was only about 2 miles down the road. We got there and they weren't very helpful and what they had was awful so we thought and felt that we needed to go back and test drive that one again that Andrew had just drove but this time take it for longer and actually put the kids in. The sales guy was so nice and told us the longer we kept it out the less likely someone else can buy it. We took it to my mom's house and both my parents and Andrews came and looked at it. They had just got it in so it hadn't been cleaned up yet but it was in great shape and had low miles. We felt really good about it so we said a little prayer and decided to go back and put money down. Luckily Andrew's mom took the kids and we went and put our deposit down. The next day I went and finalized everything with the insurance and got our money and then went and finalized my loan at the bank (luckily they wouldn't let Andrew on my loan so he didn't have to be there otherwise who knows when we wouldn't have finished it up! The only good part of having to many students loans is he had to much liability to let on the loan!) I then went to the dealer and finalized everything. They then worked on cleaning it, getting us new tires, and doing routine maintenance and we went and picked it up that night! It has been a blessing in disguise. We still miss our other car but it is nice to have lots of space. I have already had people ask why I got such a big car if I have an announcement. I just laugh at them and say well my other car was totaled it only made sense if I am going to make an investment might as well make it long term! The kids love being able to see out but there favorite part is watching movies which have been limited! We feel liked we have been so blessed. We had a big enough down payment so we have super low payments. Buying a new car really wasn't in our plan for a couple more years so we needed to have as low of payments as possible! Poor Andrew though feels like he will forever be driving his green truck!
Here is our new car! It is a 2008! We love it!

1 comment:

Brittany H said...

I like the van! I'm so glad you were able to find one that will last awhile! Buying a car makes me so nervous....I really don't enjoy it!