Sunday, August 26, 2012

Birthday weekend- Saturday

A couple weekends ago was my birthday! I was excited for it to be on a weekend so that we could spend it together as a family! Earlier in the week I worked for someone and they were kind enough to take my Saturday morning shift which meant I had the whole weekend off! We started the weekend off on Saturday by going to Kneaders for Breakfast! It was so yummy! I had only been there a couple times and that was for lunch. We got all you can eat pancakes and french toast. It was to die for! They have the best syrup and their french toast is divine! It was super busy but still fun to go out to breakfast, we never do that! I am also not a fan of pajamas outside of the house but didn't seem to care this day, it didn't matter because we were spending time as a family!
Later that night we went out on a date! Andrew and I went to Ruby River and had a really yummy steak! It was nice to sit and enjoy our meal without the kids and talk. After we ate we went and played some miniature golf. It had been two years since we had done that and it was a lot of fun. The course was really busy and so we ended up waiting at almost every hole for the people to get finished but that was fine it gave us more time to talk! After miniature golf Andrew wanted to go get a treat so we ended up at Cheesecake Factory and each got a slice of Cheesecake. We probably could have shared but we each wanted something different and that way we got to try two! I got a Banana Cream cheesecake and it had a whole fresh banana sliced on top, it was amazing! Andrew got White Chocolate Raspberry which is our favorite! We enjoyed sitting in their outside dining and slowly eating it and talking. We haven't had so much uninterrupted talking time in a long time so we apparently had a lot to say! Thanks to Andrews mom for watching our kids for us and putting them to bed, Easton cried for a whole hour before she finally got him to sleep, poor kid is confused and has never cried that much when going to bed! It was such a fun night I wish we could afford to do it more often!
This is while we were mini golfing!

No comments: