With all the packing we have done the last few weeks the kids have really been great. We have had our few moments of packing one box only to have each of them unpacking another but other than that they have been really good. I haven't had to take anybody up on their offers to take them for a few hours so I can pack. I have been getting a lot done while they nap and Andrew has helped more with this move than any other because he has been home a lot. I was packing our food storage the other day which was in closet in the hall between their rooms. They were playing in Ella's room and were playing really well with the occasional telling Ella to get off of Easton, she just loves him a little to much sometimes. I ended up blocking Ella's room with all the boxes which I thought was perfect so I headed to the other room to pack some more. I was thinking they were playing so nicely together but then decided it was way to quiet and went to investigate.
This is what I found!
I was so mad I scared Easton even though he was truly the innocent victim. I went and put Ella in time out where she leaned up against the wall and cried creating black streaks on the wall (thank goodness for Magic Erasers it came right off.) I made her stand in timeout for a good 10 minutes because I knew Andrew was on his way home to help me deal with it. I don't even know how she got out of the room to get the marker but somehow she did. Every time since then when I pull the marker out to write on a box Easton points to his legs and feet like I am going to draw on them for him!
Luckily the lid to the blocks was the only victim of all the toys in the room! Magic Eraser got a lot of it out as well!
Their clothes is what I was not happy about. This was one of Easton's nicer shirts and Ella's dress was brand new. They can both still wear them but they have lovely marker all over! As mad as I was that she did this I was just grateful it wasn't on the walls or carpet. With less than a week before we move I am so thankful it was on her dress and not the carpet because my deposit is a whole lot more their clothes. Now everytime she sees the marker she says "mom, markers are a no, no, no," apparently something sunk in hopefully it lasts!

1 comment:
oh man! Yeah I would be sad about the clothes as well but I agree atleast it wasn't on the carpet or anything.
Post a Comment