Friday, January 27, 2012

The Eyeball

Last Saturday Andrew and I went to a dance put on by the school called the Eyeball. I have wanted to go the last two years but have had a newborn both times. This year we didn't so I told Andrew we were going. He isn't big into dancing but I got him to dance we me for a few songs! We got a babysitter for the night and the kids were excited, Ella especially she loves Sydney!
We first met up with some other couples from our ward for dinner. My friend had called in reservations which they had no record of so we had to be split up into two groups. We went to a Mongolian Grill. We had to put together our own combinations of food and then they cook it for us. Some people didn't really like the food but I really liked mine. I really liked eating in peace!Our table with the Lants and Jackmans!The other part of our group!The dance was held in downtown Memphis at The Cadre. It was a really pretty venue. We had drove by it a few times in the past with lots of fancy weddings going on inside. It was a really nice place!We had fun dancing and spending time with friends! It was a free bar for everyone, people did plenty of drinking before though so a lot of them were drunk from the get go. A lot of the people we were with had some sort of alcohol dumped on them. The best part was watching some of them try to slow dance. One couple he had a drink in each hand and she had a drink in one hand an her purse in the other. They could hardly wrap their arms around each other. I enjoyed my Sprite :). We stayed for a couple hours and then headed home. Some of the greatest friends I have here, like my friend Heather said on her blog I will sure miss them all when we all part ways this summer!We had fun dancing together!

It got pretty crowded on the dance floor!More of us who were there, there was a lot more LDS couples there but to many to get a picture of all of us!
It was a fun night and I am glad Andrew would take me, he isn't a huge fan of dancing but he had other guys there to stand with!

2 comments:

Lant Family said...

Those are some fun dancing pictures :) I am glad you guys came and had fun. It was fun dancing with everyone. I think I need to go back to the mongolian place and try the noodles and a new combination.

The Sullengers said...

It is sad to go away..trust me! Even though I've made a few friends here, it's just not the same...I'm sure it will be in a while, but I don't feel as comfortable blurting out my life :) So enjoy everyone - I miss everyone a lot!