Last Sunday we went for a drive out to the Tunica River park. The last time we were there was almost a year ago when my family was here, partly because it got cold after that and then it flooded this spring. The middle of June we drove down there but it was still closed and we could still see water on the road leading back to it still almost a month and a half after the initial flooding. The gate was half open when we got there so we were a little hesitant to go in. We were the only ones there and looking through the window to the visitors center/museum/gift shop we couldn't see anybody. The gift shop was no longer open and everything was gone and the whole place was missing the carpet and flooring. The chairs were all set up and the museum looked functional but we could tell it was still trying to get things put back together a mere four and a half months after the flooding there this spring.
We enjoyed walking up and down the paths. There is the Mississippi in the back ground! We could tell it had been flooded there seemed to be a lot of debris around still.

Ella was fascinated with the water. She just kept saying water over and over again.


It was really bright walking into the sun so we gave East a break from it and pushed him backwards.

Running down the ramp. She loved it!



I know he is thinking why am I the one who is always stuck in this stroller and she gets to roam free?!?

It is so relaxing to me to sit in these rocking chairs and watch the river. You can't hear anything but the water! Only if there weren't a ton of bugs!

They have a few fake owls to keep the birds away and Ella was concerned about them. She talked about them for a good twenty minutes after we left. She kept asking where they went!

See here she is pointing at the owl!

It was amazing to see how low the river is after it was so high a few months ago. The beach on the Arkansas side of the river was bigger than I have ever seen and even on our side there was some beach which I had never seen so much of!

I love the drive out to the river park. It is quite the drive out there (I swear it didn't used to seem so far away!) but the scenery is awesome. There are fields and fields of cotton. Some of it had been harvested but most hadn't! This is the best picture I could get my camera died right after but I love it!
2 comments:
You are looking good Heather! I love the pics and all the fun things you've been doing. I had always wanted to go to a football game but never made it! :( So now I'm watching Friday Night Lights to make up for it :)
Oooohh, I love that cotton field! Looks like you guys had a good time. Your always doing such fun stuff, maybe it will motivate me to get out more. Seems like Steve is always on a MOM project, rotation, or whatever- and we don't get to do as much fun stuff like that.
Post a Comment