A few months ago Andrew and I wrote some goals out for ourselves that we wanted to achieve by the end of the year and some long term goals. One of mine was to run in a 5K. I had talked to a few friends about doing the one that Andrew's school puts on. Well I decided that is what I would do. I started running about a month before, once it was finally cool enough to do so. Last Saturday was finally race day and I was a little nervous at first. I have never done anything like this so it was a whole new experience for me. The race took us through central garden district of midtown Memphis. It was actually a beautiful place to run. We ran through tree lined streets so there was plenty of shade and some very large, old, beautiful homes. It is definitely a place where you forget you are actually in Memphis! I didn't set myself any time limit for the race but I wish I would have so that I could have pushed myself more. I wasn't the last person to finish so I was happy with that! (Like 30 people came in after me!) I ran it in 37:13. There was 108 runners in all! I have decided I think I want to run it again next fall so I can give myself a time limit and so I can improve myself. I actually really enjoyed doing it and it was nice to have something to train for. It was fun to do!
My friend Heather and I before the race
Ashley, Heather, and I right before we started! They did amazingly well!
Getting ready!

2 comments:
Way to go Heather! I am so impressed - and I must say you are looking GREAT!!!
You did awesome! Way to go! Yeah those 2 people seriously cut you off at the end, we all saw it. I agree, I thought the race course was so pretty!
Post a Comment