Monday, March 21, 2016

Valentine's Day

We had such a great Valentine's Day weekend! We hadn't really done anything for a long time but dinner or take out after the kids go down since before Ella was born! This year I decided we really needed to do something. I got a babysitter and planned the whole thing and didn't tell Andrew until the day of, I just told him to make sure to block the last hour of his schedule off! We went out and got a couple's massage first. It was amazing! I could do that once a month if I could afford it! We felt so relaxed! Afterward we went to Corbin's for dinner. It was so good! We had such a nice night away from our kids and phones! We went home and I took the babysitter home. The cute girl is one of my miamaids and she would not get out of my car. She just kept talking! I love this girl to death but I was just wanting to go home! Andrew called me after it had been 45 minutes wondering if I was ok. I finally told her that I had to go to the bathroom which I really did and then had to tell her again 10 minutes later! I finally got her to get out! It had been over an hour! I know she really loved our chat but I was so exhausted! Valentine's Day we got up and Andrew and the kids made me breakfast! We had left them a candy trail and a little toy. We enjoyed church and then headed to my parents house. We not only were celebrating Valentine's Day there but also my parents moved into their house 30 years ago on Valentine's Day.  We had a yummy dinner and my mom had little treat bags at each seat. My Grandma made dessert for us of Chocolate cake. It was my Grandpa Duzett's favorite cake and he built my parents home so that was a way to include him even though he has passed away. My mom handed out Valentine's to each of us! My kids love to get cards so they were excited! They loved the treats too!! It was such a fun weekend! I love being able to tell those I love most how much I love them and am grateful for them in my life!!


No comments: