Two weeks ago I had the chance to go with Ella and her class on a field trip. Andrew has Thursday mornings off so it worked out perfectly. We had to be to school 20 minutes early. Her school is just a block away from the front runner commuter train and the Treehouse Museum where we went is just two blocks from it so we rode the train and walked. It was a lot of walking for Kindergartners! They have some fun programs to chose from for field trips and the teachers chose the once upon a time fairy tale theme. It was a pretty fun theme! I had Ella, her friend Jade, and a girl named Addie in my group. I knew about Addie from helping in the class room and knew she was going to be a challenge. She is a really sweet girl but very busy and nosy and kind of annoying. She kept touching me and patting me and wanted to play with my earrings and putting her feet on me. It was really annoying! I really just hope my kids have more boundaries than that when it comes to other adults helping in the class! I really did have a good time! Her friend Jade also told me on our walk there that she has a fever just like her little sister, awesome Jade just awesome! Seriously was annoyed at that!
The kids loved riding the train they were so amazed!
Kinzie, Trinity, Bella, Jade, Ella, and Addie
They did a cute little play with the kids!
After the little classes were done we got about 30-45 minutes of free play. This was a struggle cause there was places each kid wanted to go and enough places for a few hours! After that they finished up our tour and we headed outside to eat our lunches! It turned out to be a really nice day for March so we lucked out!!
On the way back I told Addie that I am sitting by Ella not her, I just wanted to sit by my own child! We made it back and then had to go get Easton and Addie at my neighbor Jenny's house. We had an overlap of about 15 minutes from when I was going to be back and when Andrew had to go to work so she took them for me! She is always helping me out!

No comments:
Post a Comment