Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentines Date

The Saturday before Valentines we were able to go out. We did a babysitting swap with our friends the Lants. They watched our kids this night and we headed to downtown Memphis for dinner. We went to a BBQ place we hadn't been yet but it well known on some of the food shows. We went to Rendezvous. We have a "bucket list" of things we want to see/do/eat at before we move from here and this was one of them. To get to it we had to walk down an alley and then into a basement. It isn't the nicest place but it is really old and famous so they leave it the way it is.
We parked in a garage just across the street from it and could see their sign from our car
We shared some pork bbq nachos and a rack of ribs. There food was really good. It had a different flavor then the other bbq places we have been here but still good. There menu wasn't as extensive as other places and it was a little more pricey for the amount of food you get. There baked beans were probably my favorite of all the places. I have come a long way from when we moved here I didn't like beans at all but I have come to like them. It was nice to sit and talk and eat our food and not get interrupted :) It was a good night out and was nice to celebrate Valentines together!

3 comments:

Lant Family said...

I am glad you guys did a swap with us and had a good time. That place it on our bucket list as well.

The Sullengers said...

We went to Rendevous before we left too and I thought it was way cool inside but def a bit more pricey

Tim and Heidi said...

I need to find someone to date swap with. Logan goes with us everywhere! Looks like a good time! I don't like beans either, maybe I need to move back East :)