Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentines Day

This year Valentines was a lot of fun. Even though our kids don't quite understand it yet it was still fun to do some things with and for them.
The first thing we did was the night before we heart attacked their doors.
When I went in to get Ella she was so excited saying hearts mom and the ABC's. She is obsessed with both hearts and singing the ABC's right now so it was good timing!Then we made a candy trail for them to follow with a little gift at the end.
Lucky for me I found in my stash of stuff to give the kids eventually I found two books (thank you to our favorite store, Gordmans!). One was about planes and the other had nursery rhymes. Ella's had twinkle, twinkle little star on the front which is her other current favorite to sing (I posted a video on the next post with her singing it). She also really loves planes, can't imagine why they fly over our house all day long and she has been on more planes in her life than most adults!




Even Andrew was able to get into the celebrating with us before he left for the day. Let's just say that I am never awake or at least out of bed before he leaves everyday so I mentally prepared myself to get up when he did to make him breakfast. I got up once he was in the shower and had it all almost made by the time he came out of the bedroom. It was nice to be up that early I got a lot more done that day! We made heart shaped pancakes, buttermilk syrup, bacon, and some pink strawberry milk that was way to sweet for us next year we will just dye our normal milk!Andrew dipped apples and marshmallows for me. They were really good and done perfectly. He tried finding strawberries the night before to dip and after 3 stores that were sold out, he gave up!Ella and Easton's heart pancakes turned out so much better looking, I guess I was more awake when I made theirs. For lunch we had heart shaped Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Ella has struggled recently with PB&J's, I think she was sick of them but she devoured this one, I guess I should just make her food heart shaped and she'll eat it!We kept with our tradition from last year and drove up to Memphis to Andrew's school to heart attack his truck. Our luck was he had parked in the first year students lot so after driving around for a few minutes we found it. Luckily we didn't see Andrew I guess he went on his lunch about 5 min after we left! The kids thought it was great they got to play in the back of the truck.
They have a security guard that watches the parking lot and he came over when he saw me and asked if I went to school there. He then proceeded to tell me how early he had gotten up to go get some roses for his wife and a stack of cash for her, he was pretty proud of himself!Easton was trying to get away he knew it was time to go and didn't want to get out. He had a huge fit once I finally caught him and put him in the car!It was a great day! We were going to finish it off with a heart shaped pizza but by the time Andrew got home from school it was so late and we were all tired and hungry that we just made it a normal round one!

No comments: