Sunday, December 16, 2012

Peabody Ducks

This last Tuesday we ventured out and did something for the first time, we went and saw the Ducks March at the Peabody Hotel in Downtown Memphis. I was starting to feel really guilty because we had never been and we were less than 2 weeks away from moving away from this place forever. It seems like every time the Mothers group would go or someone else would invite me to go I never was available to. Well I decided last minute Monday night to go and invited the Mother's group. No one else showed up which was fine I wasn't expecting anyone to at the last minute. We had a perfect little day just the three of us. I am grateful we went, it was just what we all needed to get out of the messy unorganized chaos that is our house at the moment. We got there a few minutes early and there wasn't very many people which I was thankful for. They have the hotel decorated so beautifully for Christmas! We sat and waited and the Duckmaster gave his speech on how it came to be and the history of the hotel and then he went up to the roof to get them from their room.
 
Waiting for the ducks before we decided to sit on the ground, someday I hope Easton has a picture with his eyes not closed!
 He is only the 5th duckmaster in 60+ years


 They came off the elevator and immediately tried to escape!

 The kids were ecstatic and so excited for the ducks. Easton's excitement was overwhelming. He couldn't get enough! He just kept saying duck over and over again! They would splash water on him and he would laugh!
 
 This cute little Grandma decided she wanted to be my personal photographer for the day and offered to take my picture with the kids and then by the Christmas tree and then a few more, it was really so nice of her! Her husband is in the background of this one looking thrilled!


 We then rode the elevator up to the roof and saw where they live and the beautiful view of the city and overlooking the river!



 They have an awesome gingerbread house display set up. It smelled so good! They used over 250 lbs of Powdered Sugar and 300 lbs of Gingerbread to compile it! Easton just loved the train that went around it all!


We ended the day by stopping by to see Dad on our way home before he ate lunch!

No comments: