Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving!!!

We had such an amazing Thanksgiving. I would be lying if I didn't say I was homesick, I really was all week but that day I was actually ok. We have been so blessed over the last four years being able to spend the holidays with our families and so this was the first major one we had to do without them. We had such a great time, we had two families over who are new students that just moved into our ward. I am sad to be leaving two girls who have become instant friends for me! We planned everything out and it came out perfectly.
We started our morning with the Parade! The kids loved it! They were all eyes and loved seeing all the fun big balloons!
 We had a good brunch to tie us over until dinner! German Pancakes with Strawberries on top and buttermilk syrup! They were to die for!
 We then had a bath and found a new way to make them upset, the shower! Ella freaked out and so did East! Now it is easy to get them out of the bath when they won't get out just threaten turning on the shower! Works like a charm!
 Easton was ready for this Ella was not!


 We totally forgot to take a picture of our food, it was divine we had everything, enough for at least twice as many people, but it was all amazing and homemade! I made homemade stuffing and It was amazing! Emily made these pies and for someone who hadn't really done it before, they were amazing!
 After dinner we played Bonanza, the bean game. It was a lot of fun!
 Us with Kami and Steve, and Kyle and Emily, we had such a great time and are thankful they would share their holiday with us!

No comments: