Once we left we drove the scenic road out and through Pensacola. It takes longer but we didn't want to leave. We stopped in Pensacola to feed Easton and ended up walking around for a while. We couldn't get ourselves to leave! We left and drove up through Birmingham. We started getting hungry about 6 and we had already eaten our sandwiches, apples, and veggies we had made for the day so we decided to find something to eat. It took us two hours to find something. All the town off of exits in Alabama were hidden amongst trees and the signs never said anything about food so we finally decided to get off and drive into one. They had anything we could want. We decided on a little local pizza parlor. It was really good and a nice break! We even got to meet The Santa Clause! I always wondered where he lived during his off season - Hamilton, Alabama! He wanted to sit and talk to our kids all while we ate! He was funny. He told us to come back at Christmas time and he would get us some breakfast at some place I don't remember, weird! He really did look the part that is for sure! We left and finally made it home at about 11 that night! It was a great week!
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Friday - Driving Home
Friday morning we had to leave by 10. A little early if you ask me. We were sad to leave it had been such a great week. We actually made it out by 10:30. All of us left at separate times. We were last to leave with the Watts.
This is the beautiful house we stayed in. Looking at pictures before we went didn't do this place justice. It was amazing! It had nicer things than I do in my kitchen! The owner had told us that it had everything a gourmet cook would want and he was right! We enjoyed staying here and with 10 adults and 11 children total in the house it could have been worse! It was really loud at times but everyone, even the kids all got along really well! We enjoyed staying up late playing games, watching movies, eating smoothies and orange Julius's', and just talking. We even got to play a prank on Rikson after he fell asleep! It was a lot of fun and we are really glad we got to go. It is something that I hope we always remember and cherish! We really enjoyed ourselves! I told Andrew that the beach is really therapeutic for me, I was having a bad morning one morning, I was really grumpy and the second I saw the water I felt better, weird I know but it helped. We hope that someday we can go back again and take our families and let them enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How fun, that house is really nice! What a nice vacation. The aquarium thing looks like fun. So sad Ella got sand in her eyes.
What an awesome trip! I wouldn't have wanted to leave either! Just reading your post made me tired, so I'll bet your exhausted. :) The kiddo's are getting so big!
Post a Comment