Friday, September 16, 2011

BYU Ole Miss Game

We had an opportunity a couple weeks ago to go down to the BYU game in Oxford at Ole Miss. We have been wanting to go down and possibly go to a game. We actually weren't planning on going until that morning when someone called and offered us some tickets. We decided we really wanted to go so we packed a picnic and got ready and we were out the door within the hour! We decided it is ok to be BYU fans even though we are Utah Alumni.

After driving around for a long time trying to find a place to park we found a lot that would shuttle you in. We decided to do it an then got on a Trolley and headed in!


Why do people stand in your pictures? He clearly knew he was going to be in it, Thanks! We were standing across from the Grove!

So I guess Ole Miss is the #3 school when it comes to tailgating parties. I have never in my life seen anything like this scene, it was crazy! The best part was while driving around trying to find a place to park we ended up driving through part of this madness. I am glad we made it out before it got this crazy!






We decided to walk across the front of the field on the way to our seats. It was cool to see close up! The not so cool part was the millions of steps we had to climb to get to our seats.


We were so hot!




They have some crazy fans down there! They said attendance for the game was 55,000 that day!



So I text my mom and told her we were going to go to the game that morning. She told me to watch for my cousin Joseph, so a needle in a haystack basically! He lives with his Dad in Atlanta and they were coming up for the game. Well I turn around to and there he is two rows behind us surrounded by half my ward! I honestly did not think I would see him at all I mean 55,000 people is a lot to find one person! It was good to see him and he gave me a big hug and then another one for his mom before we left! It was nice to see some family since we go so long without seeing anyone!

I like the second picture of us better but I had to put this one is because I am pretty sure the guy behind us on the right posed for the picture for us!

It is funny Ella remembered playing with him at my grandma's this summer and swimming with him as well. Once she spotted him she spent half the game watching him.



The game was actually starting to drag on and BYU wasn't doing well at all so we got bored. Easton loved wearing his dad's hat!



The 4th quarter of the game was the best part! Made the hour drive so much more worth it! Getting out of town was a nightmare but we definitely enjoyed our day!


No comments: