November 12th to the 16th I had a chance to go to Phoenix, Arizona for a girls weekend. I was talking to my friend Heather last February and she mentioned she had just gotten a flier with the time out for women dates and there was one in Phoenix in November. She sent out an email and we started planning. Cara lives down there and offered her house for some of us to stay at. The time finally came and I was so excited! I flew out on Thursday night at about 9:15. I had a direct flight and so I landed just before 11. I grabbed my bags, I had two suitcases for four days (one suitcase was full of stuff for my brothers family from my mom). Cara and Heather picked me up! Heather had flown in from St. Louis a few hours earlier! Cara was so nice to make two separate trips to get us! It was so fun to see them! It had been a long time since we had all been together, like 3 years or more. I had seen each of them on separate occasions in the last year. We picked up right where we left off like it hadn't been so long! I just love these girls! They were my family when we lived in Memphis and I don't know what we would have done with out each other! We all live very similar lives, our husbands do the same thing and we all have a lot of school debt! I wish we all lived closer so we could still take our daily walks or trips to the park! We chatted for a few minutes when we got back to Cara's and then headed to bed!
The next morning we got up and Cara made us breakfast and we went and dropped her kids off at a babysitter. She took us to this fun boutique set up in someones house. We got some cute stuff! I could have spent a lot more! Heather L. had lost her voice and had a very deep voice we dubbed her sexy Phoenix voice! We had some lunch and picked up Cara's kids from the babysitter and then dropped her Roxie off at preschool.
After we dropped her off we headed to downeast. It is fun to go shopping without kids. I tried on a bunch of stuff and ended up buying a skirt I think I got for like 8 dollars! Cara was so nice to take this picture of us. We were trying to do a mirror selfie and it was just not working but it was pretty comical.
After shopping we headed back to her house and Ashley came over! It had been almost 3 years since I had seen her! It was so fun to catch up with her! We chatted for a few hours then got ready and headed to get some dinner before we Time out. We went to Joe's Farm Grill. It was fun to be able to be outside and eat in November!
We went from there to TOFW where we met up with Margaret who is also from our Memphis days and she also lives in Phoenix! We heard some really great speakers! Also Jenny Oaks Baker played her violin that night and her daughter did the piano! They are so talented!
Somehow my pictures all got out of order and trying to fix them messes them up even more!
Cara and Ashley at dinner!
After the conference was over for the night we went to Bahama Bucks for a treat! I got a yummy shaved ice! It was fun to keep chatting! We headed back to Cara's and Ashley stayed with Heather and I in our room and Ashley and I talked for about an hour while Heather slept ;)
Heather and Heather at dinner!
At Bahama Bucks!

1 comment:
Such a fun trip! I loved every minute!
Post a Comment