The first Saturday in August I went and did a 5K in Orem. It was for Pound the Pavement for Parenthood. It was for my amazing friend Marissa! Her and her husband were selected to be one of the sponsored couples this year. It is a program where they do these 5K's and the money they raise go to help the couple pay for fertility treatments or adoption. I was so happy to be here to be able to participate and help them get one step closer to their goal! Andrew had to work so it was me and the kids so we walked it with my friend Bobbi. It was really hot that day and no clouds! We walked it in about 55 min, not the best but I was happy to completed it either way!
I came prepared with lots of water and snacks for the kids, I should have had them push me! Pushing over 90 pounds that long in the heat was awesome :)!

We didn't get a picture before Bobbi left but we were able to get one with Marissa, she is in the middle and my friend Melissa in next to her, it was fun to see her I hadn't seen her since we moved to Memphis!



No comments:
Post a Comment