This past weekend we had a chance to get together with some friends from Mississippi. They moved away last August to complete their rotations and we had not seen them since then. We missed everybody coming back for graduation by a week or so. I was sad to miss all our old friends coming back! A couple weeks ago my friend Brittany text me about a party she was having for her husband but we had something that night and weren't able to go but decided we would get together in a few weeks. So this last Friday night we were able to get together at the park and have a picnic and let the kids play. The kids had a blast and got really dirty and it was a lot of fun to catch up with them all!
This is a first Ella asked to get in the swing and she actually enjoyed it so we are making progress!
Caroline, Me, and Brittany.
When we first moved to Mississippi they both lived in our same complex and Caroline and her family lived on the other side of our wall in our house! Brittany lived a few buildings away and we were in the Primary Presidency together for almost 2 years. We went on a lot of walks together that first year and they were always nice to let me waddle on their walks the couple months before I had Ella! It was so fun to get together and catch up. Caroline's husband Mark has taken a job here in Utah and Brittany and her husband Darren are off to New Mexico for a Residency. A funny story I remember from a couple years ago with them was about a month after I had found out I was pregnant with Easton we were outside and all the kids were playing in the sand at the Volleyball court and Brittany had just had her baby and Caroline had just finished nursing and how nice it was to get their bodies back and jokingly said my time was coming soon but little did they know I was like 12 or 13 weeks pregnant and still not thrilled about the idea and sitting their thinking it will be a long time until that happens for me! Funny how that was so long ago! I was sad when we found a house to live in and had to move away from these awesome girls but all the students do so much together that we still saw each other a lot! I had such a fun time the other night thanks girls!




3 comments:
It was so fun to see you! I wish we could do it more often!! If you're ever in New Mexico....stop on by!!!
Looks like you're having lots of fun in Utah! I really can't believe that Katie is old enough to get married. Isn't she still 12? Crazyness! Hope to see you soon!
How fun to see old friends! It's fun to hear about where people are ending up! Just wishing someone would come up to Spokane!
Post a Comment