Sunday, June 3, 2012

Family Reunion

We went to a family reunion the Saturday before Memorial Day. It was for my Grandma Duzetts side of the family. We usually have it at the local park in the small town we go to but it was so cold and windy we ended up at the community center. We enjoyed some yummy dutch oven food and homemade scones (the part I look forward to the most!) and some honey for our scones came from a relatives hives. It tasted so good! I ate more that day then I should have! The guys ended up going golfing and it took a lot longer than we thought. While we waited we played at the local park but it still was so cold and of course my kids are dressed for the 90's, we packed all our winter clothes away months ago thinking by the end of May when we were to Utah we would be OK with our summer clothes, I guess not but at least they each had a jacket!
Katy was a good sport to play with them while I was freezing and grumpy!
Some how this picture got into the mix. We had to take Katy shopping one day to find an outfit for her engagement pictures that night. I was the only free person that day and so we went with her. We went to two malls to find the right size. By the time we got to the second mall I thought we should be OK she is just trying on something that is on hold so we don't need a stroller but apparently we did they went crazy, I did get them to sit in this chair for a few seconds but moral of the story is no matter how long we are going to be we must always have a stroller!

No comments: