Our last day we headed to a family picnic for Andrew's reunion. We didn't attend the main event because it was at a bar and we had nothing to do with our kids, plus it would have cost us $40 a person which they specifically said would be for drinks as well so I didn't really want to pay for someone else to drink! We get to the park and Andrew really didn't know more than a handful of people and it was really awkward! He chatted for a bit and we walked around the park and then left! I had developed a cold the night before and hardly had any sleep so I just wasn't feeling up to anything but sitting with my head back!
Our next stop was Andrew's Dad's grave. It had been 10 years since we had visited and our kids had never been. They were a little confused at first because we just buried Grandpa Karl and it wasn't here and so we had a good discussion sitting there at the cemetery explaining to them who each Grandpa was. I know they knew their Grandpa Bibo before they came to us here on earth and that someday they will know him again! I never knew my Dad's dad either, so I look forward to knowing him someday as well!
The view from his headstone, not to bad at all!!
I just love this girl!!
We ended the night at Mike and Naty's house. Naty had to work but Mike grilled burgers for us and had a great meal for us! It was so nice of him and nice to see them one more time before we left! Our kids loved their kids! We left early the next morning and drove home! It was a quick trip but I am so glad we went! It was great for all of us!

No comments:
Post a Comment