Sunday, September 7, 2014

New house

I am so behind on this blog I have over 30 drafts, someday I may be caught up!

It has been a long time coming but we are finally in our new home! We put money down and went under contract way back in April. We were looking to maybe build and then I saw this house and so we finally went and saw it a week later. Andrew came on his lunch and we walked through it. We went and got some lunch and talked about it. I then went home and called my mom. I asked her if she would come back with me after she was done at school and see it. My mom and my sister and all the kids piled in my van and we met Andrew there. We decided we better put some money down (we made sure it was refundable so we could think about it some more and pray about it) because there had been a lot of interest in the home. Luckily I had been to the bank that day and decided to grab some cash :). We wrote up the contract with the Henry Walker Agent. My mom drove my van around with my kids in it while we did it. We decided in the contract to close by the end of June. We finally closed on July 17th! It was a long process but we are grateful to have a home! We moved in that weekend and it has been so nice! 

I took some pictures of the main level of the house a few days before we closed while I was getting the windows measured for coverings! The rest of the house I haven't had a chance to take any. 

Sitting in the Living Room
Kitchen - We were excited that it had most of what we wanted color wise and appliances etc.

Dining Area and Family room. The carpet is more a gray color than it shows

Stairway. Upstairs there is a Master bed/bath, 3 other bedrooms, bathroom, and the laundry room.

It was nice to finally have our new washer and dryer delivered a week after moving! It is hard to not have one!
Now begins the long process of our yard! Our lot is a third an acre and is full of weeds and gets worse by the day! We probably won't put anything in until next spring but luckily Henry Walker gave us a sod certificate for all our sod to cover the whole yard!
We love our neighborhood, lots of kids! We were the last to move in and the 2nd to last family that moved in came from Memphis where they were doing a residency and we discovered we were in the same stake and had mutual friends! It is such a small world!
Last week we finally got our shutters! It was a long 6 weeks without anything but butcher paper!

4 comments:

Raymond said...

very pretty house! good luck with the weeds. maybe just till the entire yard and let them decompose with some weed killer sprayed on top! have fun decorating!

Lant Family said...

Your house is beautiful! I am jealous of your hardwood floors.. Your kitchen is beautiful! Congratulations!

Amber Madsen said...

So excited for you Bibo's!!! We really do need to get together!!

Monica Jackman said...

Heather your house is beautiful! I love your kitchen especially. Where are you living now? Congrats on the new home