Friday, March 9, 2012

Andrew's Birthday!!!

Last Saturday was Andrew's birthday! He has been lucky enough that his birthday has always fallen on spring break! We started out the day with German Pancakes and Bacon. We then got ready and drove up to the temple. Ella asks all the time to go and I told her we would when Deb came. We wanted to show her our temple here and see how small it was in comparison to Utah temples! We were able to walk around and enjoy the beautiful weather. After we left the temple we went to the mall. We were going to have the kids ride the merry go round but it was crazy busy. We just walked around and people watched, it is a whole new experience to people watch in Memphis! We also let Ella run around again in the Disney store. She loves princesses and Mickey Mouse and that store just makes he happy, literally she had been so grumpy all day and she had perma grin on her face the whole time we were in there!



After we left the mall Andrew had requested Corkys for his birthday dinner so we went there. We hadn't been there in almost a year so it was a treat! Deb was nice to spoil him for his birthday and let him have his own rack of ribs! I don't know what we are going to do without all these yummy BBQ places someday!
After dinner we went home and gave the kids baths and then opened presents. Andrew had told me I couldn't buy him anything and I almost didn't but I thought I would get him a little something. Deb got him a new card game and he got lots of cards in the mail from family. The kids were excited to help him open his presents!
The kids gave him some yoohoo. He was excited and they didn't last long!I made him a cherry chocolate cake with some chocolate frosting. I had never made chocolate frosting and kind of just dumped a bunch of stuff in but it turned out great!I got him a new board game. He really thought he wasn't getting anything so he was pretty excited to get this. We played it a few times with Deb before she left. We were able to use our birthday banner again as well! It is fun to use and nice to be able to since it was a very time consuming project!Then we blew out the candles and enjoyed our cake and ice cream!
I love how this picture is foggy due to all the smoke!I don't know what we were thinking doing baths before cake. Easton was a mess and put frosting in his hair, behind his ears, everywhere! He dug more into it than at his birthday!

No comments: