Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Christmas

This Christmas was so awesome! It felt a lot different. We felt so blessed this year and we were so excited for what Santa had for the kids! We woke up bright and early at 6. I think I finally got to sleep just before 3! I was exhausted! We saw what Santa had brought us and slowly opened the rest of our gifts. We then were able to Skype my little brother. He looked and sounded great and still is just the same! We got to say hi to the family that had taken them in for Christmas Day and where they were eating. After we Skyped we went and had breakfast with my mom's family. It has been a few years since we have all been together for Christmas Breakfast. It tasted so good! We stayed until about 1 and then went home and we all crashed! The kids, Andrew, and I all slept for more than 3 hours! I felt so much better! We then spent the rest of the day at my Aunt and Uncles house for dinner and the boys played all their new board games! It was such a wonderful day! We really missed seeing Andrew's family but that Friday the 27th we got together to celebrate Christmas. We had a yummy dinner and snacked and then we all headed to the movies. Some people saw the Hobbit and the rest of us saw Frozen. The kids absolutely loved it and asked if we could watch it again (luckily we went the next week again with my family!). After the movies we went back to Andrew's mom's house and we did our gift exchange and white elephant exchange! It was really late by the time we were done but we were having to good of a time to notice how late it was! We got home just after midnight! It was such a wonderful Christmas season and we feel so blessed to be near our families and spend the holidays with them! I really failed this year at taking pictures, I'm usually so on top of it but being so pregnant and tired I didn't care! I really just wanted a family picture on Christmas but didn't get one! It was still a great day despite!

Santa got Ella the Bitty Twins from American Girl with their stroller! She also got Princess Candy Land which is the one thing she had asked for! She got some new crayons and a new outfit as well!
Easton got a train table that came with the set. We were just going to get the set but it ended up being such a good deal it really wasn't a whole lot more to get the table! He kept saying he wanted a lot of trains for Christmas, not just one! He also got a garbage truck and some clothes as well!



Playing Games on Christmas!
We took her dolls and strollers with us and she had fun pushing them around, we just need a bigger house then she would enjoy them more I think!
My mom made these yummy sugar cookies and then put them in front of me. I may have eaten a few!

1 comment:

Lant Family said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! It is so nice to be able to spend time with family during the holidays.