Christmas Eve this year was an exceptionally long day! I was so exhausted! It started a couple days before. We were walking into church and there was ice everywhere, no way to really avoid walking on it. Well Ella slipped and I was holding her had and tried to keep her up but ended up falling flat on my stomach! Not exactly a good idea being 34 weeks pregnant. I was a little sore and decided the next morning after persuasion from my mom and Andrew to call the doctor. They told me to come in an be monitored. Well that took 4 hrs! Everything looked and sounded great. It ended up putting me way behind on everything I had to get done. I was supposed to do my laundry that day, grocery shop, etc. So the next morning, being Christmas eve I woke up at 5 and could not go back to sleep so I got up and watched TV for an hour then got dressed and headed to the grocery store. I came home and did my laundry and cleaned. We were having Andrew's family over for Christmas Eve dinner. I had a nice nap for about an hour from 10 to 11 while the kids watched TV. It made me feel rested but not for long! Luckily Andrew came home from work at about 1 to help me! We ended up having a great Christmas Eve dinner. We had yummy sandwiches, soup, veggies, and lots of snack stuff. Afterwards exchanged some gifts and Andrew's sister Becky gave us a really nice devotional and each of us a new nativity set. It was really a wonderful night and nice to relax after a long few days. I feel bad I was so tired that night during it all and didn't get a single picture of any of it!
After they went home we went to my parents with all our gifts to spend the night. It was about 10 by the time we got there! The kids immediately opened their new jammies and each of the kids got new slippers too! We put them to bed but they wouldn't go to sleep right away! Ella fell asleep finally just after midnight and Easton it was after 1!
Jack didn't want Sarah in the picture!

No comments:
Post a Comment