Holland was born on April 10th. I wasn't due until Easter Day the 16th. I have been induced with each baby. Once I go in they usually give me pitocin and my labors last 5-6 hours before I deliver. This time was no different. When I had my 20 week ultrasound they found that I had valamentous (sp?) cord insertion meaning the cord wasn't in the placenta where it should be. They doctor told me it didn't seem to high risk and kind of blew it off. Well I came home and googled it and immediately freaked myself out. All these horrible stories of babies bleeding to death before their born and babies that are to small and all sorts of stuff! I didn't know what to think so I had Andrew give me a blessing. I still was a little worried. I went to the doctor four weeks later and Dr Barton was super nice and did another ultrasound just to show me everything and told me it was a pretty mild case and not to worry and he answered my questions. There was still a lot on my mind the whole time about it but I always measured right on and I got ultrasounds every visit and another specialist ultrasound because of it. I was happy when he let me chose a day to deliver that worked best with Andrew's schedule. I told the doctor the day and he scheduled it right there for me, wish I had him for all my kids, he is AMAZING! The nurse called me at 6:30 that morning to tell me to head in. I called my mom to come. We left and she came after we left (love our Vivent System to unlock the door for her while on the road). All our kids were still sleeping so we figured they were good. We got all checked in and put in our room, which was the same room we delivered Addie in and they started my IV. We had to wait a good while for the nurse so by the time I got the IV and pitocin started it was almost noon! She immediately called for my epidural since the Dr was going to be going into surgery soon so I snuck it in before he went. They kept giving me bigger doses of it and it did its job just as quick as it has in the past! I was ready to push about 4:15. They called Dr Barton whose office is two floors up and he says he is coming. Meanwhile I just keep wanting to push. They turned my pitocin off and we keep waiting. He finally came down 30 minutes later and just walks in all chill and I am ready to ring his neck I want to get this baby out! I think he decided to finish his patients upstairs for the day before he came to deliver me and when he was done he came! I literally pushed once and she was here! He hadn't been in the room three minutes! She came out with dark hair and the cord around her neck twice! I am so glad we delivered her when we did!! She cried immediately and we had some good bonding time for a while! We are so happy she is a part of our family! We love her to pieces!
We were moved to our room and my little sister Katy came and then my parents brought the kids. We had lots of visitors the next day. Andrew's mom and sisters and my sisters and my Grandma and my good friend Tami came the last night I was there and brought me a smoothie! It was so good! I was so happy to go home and love all the advice they have to give you before you leave!!
Immediately started sucking her fingers!
First Bath
Ready to go home!

No comments:
Post a Comment