Thursday, September 22, 2016

Storm

We had this insane storm go through! It produced a tornado just 10 miles north of us. The tornado hit next door to where Andrew was working that day and he had no clue anything that crazy was going on outside! I told him he is lucky his car was undamaged. There was golf ball size hail and trees down all around where he was! It had been a little windy all day but nothing to bad. I kept looking at my phone at the weather and it kept saying it wasn't going to hit until after 4:30 so I figured Ella could ride her scooter home from school. I fell asleep on the couch about 3:15 and it was clear outside and barely a wind gust. I woke up 15 minutes later because my dishwasher stopped and the power went out and back on and out again making things beep! I look outside and could hardly see it was blowing so hard! I immediately panic because Ella got out of school about 8 minutes ago and she is on her scooter out in this! I am texting Andrew freaking out and he isn't answering! Well Addie is asleep and the power in out and I have no idea how to get my garage door open. I step outside on to my porch and look over and my neighbors fence is blowing everywhere and the gate swings open and is on our grass! I see my neighbor come home with a couple kids but not mine and I tell her I can't get my car out and she says have a good day. I was not happy, like ask if you can help me, duh!! She had a flat tire later that day, I am mean and laughed! Anyways so I am literally crying because I can see tree branches flying and my neighbors fake plastic rocks are flying over my fence and I can literally not even stand up because the wind is so bad! I just kept praying Ella was ok, I had no idea what to do! A few minutes later (that felt like a million minutes) my other awesome neighbor comes around the corner with Ella! Ella was riding with her three kids and she was able to get her car out and go find them! Ella was hysterical crying and so upset! She is literally covered from head to toe in mud!! She honestly thought she wasn't going to be ok! It was all a little traumatizing to us! The next day I drove the path that she usually rides home and just cried seeing all the destruction! She rides down a road with really huge mature trees that had lost quite a few huge branches! I don't know how she didn't get hit by one or anything else like fences or anything! I thanked Heavenly Father multiple times that week for protecting her and keeping her safe, she honestly had guardian angels watching over her! Now if there is a threat of a storm she asks if I can come pick her up! We didn't have to much damage but around her school, is maybe a mile away, there was so much more damage it is crazy how much worse it got the closer to the actual tornado you got! Our power went out at 3:30 and didn't come on until the next morning at 7. It was so weird to look outside and it was pitch black! Luckily nothing in either freezer unthawed but I did throw a lot of stuff away out of my fridge! We had people in our ward that live by the school who were without power for almost two days! We were so thankful it came back on!

Our neighbors fence! 
This was our damage! Our fence came apart along one section. It is interesting because that is the only part we have facing the certain direction and our neighbors gate is the same angle and that is the parts that came apart so that is obviously the direction of the wind! 
My pots hanging on my deck railing bit the dust! 
This was about an hour later! All the rain stopped and there was a rainbow!

I had to take a picture of everything just covered in mud! Our wood chips were also no longer in the flower beds but scattered all over the lawn!

No comments: