Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Introducing....

Addie!!!
Addie was born on January 27th at 3:52 PM. She weighed in at 7 lbs 3 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. We decided to be induced and the doctor said he would do it up to a week early. We decided to do it the 27th which was just 6 days early. I called the hospital that morning and they told me to come at 11. We dropped the kids off at my moms and headed over. We got checked in and settled and things got started just after noon. I got my IV and everything else and by 1 we were on the road! I had the best nurse, her name was Nicole and I am sad we didn't get a picture with her because she was amazing and listened to us and our wants and needs. She got the anesthesiologist in my room within about 15 minutes and I got my epidural and hardly had to feel a thing and I had a button to push if I needed more!  My doctor came and broke my water a little while later and things started moving pretty fast. About 2:30 we realized the baby was posterior and so we needed to flip her, well she ended up doing it herself. She was also stuck a little and it makes sense why I hadn't gone into labor because if wouldn't have been stuck I probably would have had her already!  By 3:30 everything was ready to go and the doctor came in about 3:45. Three pushes later she was here. It was pretty easy and such a great experience. We love our doctor here and had such a different experience this time around than the other two! I did not miss delivering in Mississippi! We instantly fell in love with this sweet girl. She came out perfect. Her coloring was amazing and her head wasn't mishapped from delivery. We stayed at the hospital until Wednesday until about 11. I was quickly discharged and we were on our way, another huge difference from Mississippi, not having to wait around for HOURS to be discharged, it was so nice!








 


No comments: