Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Andrew's Birthday and Florida

Last week was Andrew's Spring Break. We really want to see all the places that are closest to us while we live here so we decided to head to the Florida Panhandle. We went to Destin and Pensacola right along the Gulf of Mexico. It was so relaxing and beautiful, somewhere we wouldn't mind visitng again (anyone is welcome to come we will take you!). It was nice to have Andrew to ourselves all week but it went by too fast. We loved where we stayed it was right on the beach and we got free movie rentals and popcorn, and they even gave Ella a shirt. She was the star of the hotel everyone was sad to see us leaving, they adored her.




One of the views from our balcony


Yes her head got cut off but I liked the picture

Andrew really wanted pictures of the sunset but the seagulls really just wanted Ella's bow instead we had literally about 25 surround us and try to attack us it was freaky!



Lighthouse on the Navy base in Pensacola unfortunately wasn't open that day

The Beach by our hotel


Ella is such a great rider she never complains



Our first stop in Jackson - made us feel like home

Andrew's Birthday was the middle of the week and while we were in Destin. He chose this yummy place called McQuires an Irish Pub. It was so good! We loved the food and the root beer. They have a tradition sort of thing that everyone that comes to eat writes their name on a dollar bill and the date and hang it somewhere in the restaurant. We put ours in the booth we were sitting in. The ceilings and walls of the entire place are covered - over $850,000 dollars! Andrew tried to get a picture but they didn't turn out!





I love this Picture! What you can't see is she is asleep. I love how she is holding her duck in one hand and sucking her thumb with the other hand which you can't see as well!

4 comments:

Lant Family said...

Looks like a fun trip--we have heard that is a great place to visit. I think we want to try to go before we leave.

The Berg's said...

That looks like fun! I want to see the beach! I also want to see that cute girl! Can't wait!

The Sullengers said...

I'm so glad you guys had a fun time! Now you get to vacation again out in Utah - although, I think you'll hit snow rather than sun :)

Natasha said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I love all of the pictures