Thursday, January 8, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!

We know we are a little late in posting Christmas but we both were off of work until Monday so we were busy doing all sorts of fun things. Christmas thing year was great we love the time we both get off it was so nice to not work or worry about school for almost two weeks. We got to spend time with both of our families and just relax. For New Years we had a few friends over and played Wii and some board games. We were sad to see it go by so quick but we look forward to this new year and all that it has in store for us.


This year will bring a change for us, most people already know this but in August we will be relocating to Memphis, Tennessee for Optometry School. Yes we will now be known as "Memphians!" We had our choice of a few schools but after a lot of prayer and fasting we know that this is the right decision for us. We are so excited to go but sad to leave at the same time. It will definitely be a huge change but we can't wait to see what it has in store for us. If anybody knows of any great places to eat or the best place to live there let us know we are open to any suggestions! We will also take visitors any time as well! We also look forward to still being close to a temple, Andrew had a chance to go to the Memphis Temple while he was there and it is less then 20 minutes from the school! Also if anyone wants to buy our condo let us know!!!


Another big thing this month is that I finished my last course to graduate. I officially have my Bachelors degree and am excited to not return to school. Andrew has a lab credit to take care of and that is it so he is hoping to do some research so he doesn't have to take a class. All in all we are doing great and wish everyone a Happy New Year!


WARNING...lots of pictures!



We took a drive up to Heber and Park City and stopped off at Jordanelle, it was so beautiful!




Andrew's big surprise...I saved all year and surprised him with a Nikon D60 he absolutely loves it and takes it everywhere he goes! He surprised me with a Silhouette machine (like a Cricut)! It is fun to use but I still have a lot to learn about it but I love it!

We helped Andrew's sister move into her new townhouse and this is her view out her living room, the new temple in South Jordan!



Me, Mom, Grandma, and Emily



All us kids got our parents a new bed for Christmas and promptly all tried to fit on it, all six of us!



All the girls and matching pajamas

Jocelyn we just kept making her smile all day long!


Only Grandpa really knows how to calm her down and make her happy she loves him!








Andrew, Brent, Jared and Celyn playing a game Jared and Celyn got for Christmas!







Yes we do take a lot of pictures of her!

Jared and Celyn


We told my parents they had to close their eyes so that we could bring their present in...their bed!

Christmas Eve dinner at my Grandma and Grandpa's!




5 comments:

Amber Madsen said...

It looks like you had a wonderful christmas! You and your sisters/in-laws look like you have so much FUN together! CUTE JAMMIES!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Congratulations on Memphis! That will be such a neat experience and adventure!!! Good luck!! Good thing we have blogs to help keep up on what everyone is doing!

Devon said...

How exciting for Memphis! You will love it, but I know you will both miss your families. What a great time for you both! Congrats on getting your degree!

Michelle Stott said...

I love the pictures with the PJ's with you, Emily, and Andrea. It is fun to see people I know. You look great and good luck in your new adventures.

Steve and Ashley Clawson said...

I love the footie pj's! Those are so dang cute! I am right there with Andrew in Nikon Heaven! Steve got me the D90 for Valentines day! Now I just have to figure out how the heck to use it. I'm glad you guys had a good christmas! I wish that we could've gotten together while we were out last time.